While some people gamble within their means for some gambling can become a problem as it can turn into an addiction.
When a gambler loses the sense of fun that casual gambling is meant to generate it means that he has a problem. He may begin to look at gambling as a way to make money or worse still he keeps on gambling to try and win back money he had previously lost. He often believes that he has special luck or abilities or that his luck may be about to change. When you gamble not just for that rush and you find yourself chasing losses and betting more, the result is a vicious circle of increasing losses and increased betting to recover the losses.
As a player you must gambling responsible by knowing whether to gamble and how much money or time to spend.
Responsible Gambling Tips
For many people gambling is exciting and entertaining. They make careful decisions about how to spend their time and money, where to go and how to have fun.
Here is how you can control your gambling:
- Decide on a loss limit ahead of time and stick to it
- Low-risk gambling is a way of playing with very little chance of losing control. The key to low-risk gambling is to realize that "it's only a game."
- Never borrow money to gamble
- Set a time limit
- Take frequent breaks
- Balance gambling with other activities
- Don't gamble when highly stressed, depressed, intoxicated or troubled in some other way
- Only gamble with money set aside for entertainment, never with money for everyday expenses
You can realize you have a problem:
- If you are leaving your family alone for long periods of time, in order to gamble
- If you arguing frequently with your partner about spending too much time and money on gambling and find that you cannot stop or limit yourself.
- If you are gambling family money needed for rent/mortgage, schooling, medical purposes, groceries, clothes, or heat.
- If you feel you have to gamble to get to spend time with people you understand?
- When you are with your family, at work or at social events, you find that your are constantly thinking about your next bet
- If you look at gambling as a way of making money fast.
If your answer to any of the above is YES then we suggest that you take action immediately BEFORE it becomes a worse problem. There are many organizations that may help you to control your problem. (www.gamcare.org, www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk). You may also control yourself by taking immediate action and put limits on what you can do with your account with us.
We Can Help Too
If you think you have a serious gambling problem you should take the necessary steps to permanently or temporarily suspend your account until you resolve your issues. Full details of how to get in touch with us can be found on our contact page. Alternatively you may login to your account and through the Limits page change your settings in the Player Protection area.
Should you not wish to suspend your account but just better control your spending you may choose to place limits on your wagers, losses or on the time you spend in any one session. You can do this by logging into your account and through the Limits page insert limits as required in the player protection area. We also provide an automatic hourly Reality Check feature.
For your benefit you will not be allowed remove any restrictions placed on your account or bets until a minimum period of seven days has elapsed from when you created the limitation
Further literature online
Please contact one of the plenty institutions or support groups. You`ll find more information at these links:
Gamble responsibly — set gambling limits
Responsible gambling is the key to safe entertainment in an online casino. It is advisable to take advantage of the limit function, which will help you stay away from serious gambling problems.
Session limits — allow you to gamble for a limited period of time. You will thus avoid situations when you devote more time for casino entertainment than you originally planned.
Deposit limits — allow you to set maximum amounts preventing further deposits.
Loss limits — allow you to set loss limits in a particular period of time. It will help you limit the risk of money loss.
Bet limits — allow you to set a maximum bet amount in a particular period of time.
Setting limits is not a sign of weakness. It only proves that you are responsible and aware. Therefore, if you only feel a threat, do not hesitate to set even one limit. This is a way to ensure your safety in an online casino.
Give up gambling if...
There is a thin line between fun and gambling addiction. Addiction occurs when:
you spend more and more time in an online casino;
you neglect your everyday duties;
you hide the truth about the lost money and time spent in a casino;
you enter a casino upset, depressed or angry;
a loss results in a desire to recover your money;
you deposit borrowed money or funds set aside for completely different purposes;
a growing number of people reproach you with the amount of time you devote to casino games.
The more situations apply to you, the bigger the probability of addiction. Therefore, do not underestimate such condition — you need professional help. Don’t be afraid to ask for help!